instead. Black and Blue's Orlando Magic Blog: Why Am I So Right All The Time?: Rashard Lewis And Milicic The Two Targets

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Why Am I So Right All The Time?: Rashard Lewis And Milicic The Two Targets

This morning I looked in the mirror, simply to assure myself that I wasn't Otis Smith.


Today the Orlando Sentinel reported that the Magic's offseason plans are exactly what I said they would be: Resign Darko and sign my boy Rashard Lewis. They say that it is apparent that he is the Magic's top target, and yesterday's news about the Magic being HIS top target only solidifies what could be a marriage made in heaven.
Let's take a look at my 6 things I wanted to happen:

1) Get Stan Van Gundy: Check

2) Resign Darko: Pending apparently

3) Sign Rashard Lewis (or Gerald Wallace if Shard isn't available): Pending apparently

4) Get rid of Turkoglu: Could feasibly happen in a trade for Rashard.

5) The Magic should get Marcin Gortat over here: Could happen if we surrender Battie in a deal.

Which leads us to number 6: Get Dwight a big man coach and get Diener more PT. Today in the news is the revelation that Stan Van Gundy is trying to get Patrick Ewing as an assistant to coach Dwight Howard. Hopefully Ewing doesn't have Howard go to any strip clubs with Dan Akroyd like he did. In addition, Brian Schmitz reported on his blog:


Thus, it sounds as if Diener is a goner, which for better or worse will probably give him more PT ...with a different team.

The Magic seem to be on the right track, at least with this guy (points thumbs at himself). Up until the July 1st period it will probably stay pretty quiet since no teams can formally speak with free agents. All we can do is rely on the completely wild and implausible trade rumors.


Slow news days mean more cheerleading competition days, so those of you interested can quietly root for those. In the meantime, I suggest you guys go out and enjoy the fantastic weather.

2 comments:

Mike from Illinois said...

The top 3 things you mentioned I think are the most important. They got number 1 done, if they can get 2 and 3 done it would signify a great summer for the Magic in terms of improving the team.

Jordan Geary said...

I agree entirely Mike. The other things would be nice, but the top 3 are what could turn this team into a serious contender.