instead. Black and Blue's Orlando Magic Blog: Should We Get Arenas? Kobe? Who Cares...April Moves On To Round 2!

Monday, June 18, 2007

Should We Get Arenas? Kobe? Who Cares...April Moves On To Round 2!

First of all, congrats to April for clobbering Amanda in the first round of the Magic Cheerleader Tournament. Readers voted for her almost 2 to 1 over Amanda. The next round will be coming soon!


Next on the agenda: The Gilbert Arenas hoopla. A lot of writers and sports media personlities are saying that the Magic might be better served to wait out this free agency period and keep their cash for Gilbert next offseason. This comes in the wake of Gilbert unexpectedly (and rather prematurely) announcing that he will opt out of his contract with the Wizards.

Personally, I love Gilbert. He is one of my favorite players to watch, and I read his blog every time it's updated (His blog is linked on my site, for those of you interested). If some of these writers had taken perhaps a minute out of their day, they would have read this article title on the very top of his site:


In the article, Gilbert goes on to explain that his heart is in Washington and he is opting out merely for contractual reasons. If it were any player, there would be the inkling of doubt and a possible alterior motive. -Not with Gilbert, who typically tells it like it is and sounded genuine in his message to Wizards fans. Am I going to hold my breath after reading this? Hellllll no.

Suddenly Kobe "I buy my wife rings to forget that I cheated on her and potentially molested someone" Bryant is a name that is much more available than Gilberts, as a matter of fact. Kobe seems poised to cut ties with the Lakers and said so on his website the other day. I do not think Magic fans should get too worked up for this either, as Kobe has already illustrated is potential new teams:


The Chicago Bulls

The Knicks

The Suns


The bed of someone who isn't his wife.

That last team was said under his breath, but you could clearly read between the lines. Now the top two teams are for obvious reasons. Nike and a lot of the other sports agencies out there pay their players more if they are in major market cities. These cities are L.A, New York, and Chicago. Kobe, by naming these two teams (ESPECIALLY the Knicks), is saying that he could care less where he plays next as long as he doesn't have to take a pay cut for the money he makes off the court. If he DID have to take a pay cut, it would be for the chance to play for the Suns and no one else. With this in mind, Kobe screws someone besides his wife yet again...the Orlando fans.

I could care less as I have never been a Kobe fan and want him as far away from our team as possible. I just think he is like Randy Moss and T.O. in that his attitude gets in the way of his fantastic play.


I say we stay the course and grab someone like Rashard Lewis or Gerald Wallce this free agency period.

2 comments:

Ben Q. Rock said...

I haven't made up my mind on Arenas yet; my ambivalence is so prevalent that I put a poll up to see what other Magic fans think.

As for Kobe... I'll pass. Nothing is worth giving up Dwight, and Kobe's a selfish ______ anyway.

Anonymous said...

im happy, that kobe wont be a magic :)