instead. Black and Blue's Orlando Magic Blog: The Day After The Vote/Pick The Best Magic Cheerleader: Round 2, Part 2: Cherie vs. Deanna vs. Erin

Friday, July 27, 2007

The Day After The Vote/Pick The Best Magic Cheerleader: Round 2, Part 2: Cherie vs. Deanna vs. Erin


I'd like to say I spent the entire night out partying and celebrating the vote going the Orlando Magic's way, but a few things deterred me from that:

-It was a Thursday and I had work the next day.

-It was midnight when the motion was passed, and that was pretty late to start partying.

-I live in New York City and since no one follows Orlando news here, pretty much everyone would think I was a madman if I was celebrating in the streets.

Still, I had a wonderful night's sleep thanks to the pleasant outcome of the vote so that is nice.

Thanks to everyone who had kind words to say about the blog yesterday. It was indeed rather tedious to follow the proceedings of the Arena proposal, but in the end the relatively large viewership (about 800 people) and outcome made it all worthwhile. Some of the nice comments by readers of the blog yesterday:

-"Thanks for all your hard work... I didn't have a lot of comp time today, so your blog is what kept me up to date."

-"Black and Blue, thank you for all you did. I really enjoyed everything."

-"Big props to B&B with a heck of a live blog to keep everyone up to date who weren't watching the live feed on TV or the internet."

-"I applaud your dedication, B+B"
Wow. Thanks a ton everyone.
On another note, out of all of the overjoyed quotes by Magic fans yesterday and today, one of them made me take notice. It was said by user dxwwf3 on MagicMadness.us:


Practically spent all day keeping up with this stuff and in the end it's
all worth it. Could this summer have possibly been any better for the Orlando
Magic?

Get the best NBA coach available? Check

Get the best Free Agent available? Check

Sign Dwight Howard to a large extension? Check

Get a new arena approved and assure the team will stay in Orlando? Check

Looking back on it, for all of the stuff that went bad with Darko, Billy Donovan, and our public relations image, this has been a fantastic summer for the team. I left last season a little downtrodden with the sweep by the Pistons, but the future does look bright for the team. We will have to be creative with signing people since we now have Dwight and Rashard's huge contracts, but luck seems to be on our side lately so I will wait until this free agency period plays out to make a decision on the overall success of this offseason. -It's looking pretty darn good so far though.

I know what you are thinking: "It's FRIDAY! Enough of this blah blah! Fridays are for the Cheerleading tournament!" Right you are. Let's take a look at where we are at in the 2nd round:

This week we are picking the best cheerleader of THREE to move on to face April in the Final Four. Since it is Round 2 you can now click on the cheerleaders' photos to check out more images of them to help in your decision.

Without any further ado, of the three, which Orlando Magic cheerleader do you prefer?










Who Do You Prefer?

Cherie

Deanna

Erin

pollcode.com free polls

As always, please use the comments section for the reason behind your selection and have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Jordan Geary said...

I went with Deanna. I'm just a fan of socks.